FINAL REPORT 2019
BePOSITIVE and LIGHTING DAYS
A resounding success for this latest gathering
They both kept all their promises !
In 2019, and for the first time, Lighting Days, a major event in France on lighting and LED technology, was held in conjunction with BePOSITIVE, a major national event for the energy and digital transition of buildings and territories. Innovations, trends, business, exchanges, feedback, testimonies punctuated the shows over 3 days from February 13 to 15 at Eurexpo Lyon.
This is a real success because the complementary nature of the subjects dealt with at these two events has enabled new synergies and new business opportunities to emerge !
Interview with Noé Bory, lighting manager at Insolight
Interview with Julien Arnal & Lionet Brunet, President and General Delegate of the Lighting Union
Interview with Éric Tolot, lighting manager for France for the Fonroche group
2019 edition facts and figures :
- 651 exhibitors and brands, 25% from abroad, including 90 exhibitors and brands in the lighting and LED technology sector
- 30,000 professional visitors
- 1033 pre-arranged business appointments
- 2 TV sets and 2 conference centres, which over the 3 days hosted
- 80+ BePOSITIVE conferences and round-the-tables talks
- 30+ conferences on Lighting Days
- 5 symposiums including ForumLED Europe where 70 participants participated during 2 days
- 4 winners of the BePOSITIVE AWARDS Innovation Trophies and 5 favourites from the jury
- 9 Lighting Days Awards winners
Visitor attendance again shows a big increase !
Almost 30,000 professional visitors made their way to BePOSITIVE and Lighting Days over the three days, proof if it were needed that the energy and digital transition really is a major societal and industrial concern for professionals.
BePOSITIVE and Lighting Days also consolidated their status as nationalwide gatherings, with nearly 50% of French visitors from outside the home region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes and certain regions showing very strong progression, especially, Grand Est and Île-de-France, whose numbers doubled.
On the international scale, the upswing was even more striking, with an increase of 40% in visitors from abroad compared with the 2017 edition and expansion to 73 different countries (versus 59 in 2017), the top five being : Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, and Spain Visitors from abroad thus accounted for 7% of the traffic to compagnies' stands during the exhibition.
Also notable was the relevance and diversity of the professionals attending this unifying event: BePOSITIVE and Lighting Days exhibitors witnessed a staggering 80% of decision makers among their visitors. Popular categories:
- Specifiers and influencers: architects, engineering offices, property developers, house builders, lighting designers
- Local and regional government
- Craft/jobbing firms and general building contractors
- Distributors and trading companies
A resolutely business event !
Our business appointments service available to professionals attending BePOSITIVE and Lighting Days exhibitions once again bolstered exchanges and encounters between everyone involved in the exhibition, be they exhibitors, visitors, or partners. This year, an impressive 1,033 prearranged business appointments were kept over the three exhibition days.
Focus on the highlights of this edition !
First edition of the
LIGHTING DAYS AWARDS
Discover the 9 winners of this 1st edition which rewarded the women of light !
An attractive program on LIGHTING DAYS CONFERENCES
More than 30 conferences dedicated to innovations and trends for the lighting market
INNOVATION HAS PRIDE OF PLACE on Lighting Days 2019
Discover the innovations highlighted in the IOT & SMART LIGHTING area